Have you experienced that cultural differences make communication difficult?
Is the conversation hampered by your different perceptions of the situation?
Can prejudices disrupt professionalism?
Have you experienced these issues, the course ‘ Intercultural Communication ‘ gives you useful knowledge to help you in your daily work.
WHAT DO WE COVER?
After attending the course:
- You will have greater confidence to communicate across different cultural settings and will have gained knowledge about the importance of culture in communication.
- You will learn questioning techniques and techniques of active listening in a cultural context that will enhance your cultural awareness – and self-knowledge.
- Culture and Communication – what is it? Theory and practice.
- What is the connection between culture and communication ? – How can cultural differences inhibit your communication?
- Is the study of other cultures useless?
- ‘ Them ‘ – who are they? Where do we get our knowledge and stereotypes from?
- How do people from different cultures understand status, hierarchy and authority?
- Intercultural communication – what and how?
Tina Wilchen Christensen
PhD in Social Psychology and Master in social anthropology.
MA. psychology, pedagogy and chinese.
See more here: http://www.kommunikationogkultur.dk/forside/